Thursday, March 10, 2011

Advice on buying a copy of "Morte d'Arthur".?

I've been looking to buy a copy of Sir Thomas Malory's "Morte d'Arthur" lately, and I've found a lot of options on Amazon for pretty cheap, but something that concerns me is the much more expensive versions that pop up when I search "morte d'arthur unabridged." This is because of a version of the Vulgate Cycle I purchased. It's a wonderful read, but it takes very interesting sounding parts and sums them up very briefly in italicizes instead of fleshing them out. I'm concerned that the much more affordable copies of "Morte d'Arthur" may be edited of condensed in such a way, or skip portions at all. In short, I want to read the entire epic without spending one hundred dollars on it. Does anyone in the Yahoo community know of a full copy I could buy off Amazon for around ten or twenty dollars? I just want some clarity before I make a purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment