Saturday, March 12, 2011

Probate: My father died without a will, and i have two brothers. I have been living in the house 5 yr prior to?

his death. I have paid every mortgage payment(my checks but mort. is in my fathers name only). My older brother hired a blood sucking lawyer. Can i be forced to sell this house. I am willing to pay my brothers, but i don't have 40k for each one of them, they refuse to let me make them payment, as i continue to pay off the mortgage owed. My younger brother has gotten himself thrown in jail, so he vows to make me suffer, and the older brother has always had a hate towards my dad. They did offer me a option to co-own with them, but forget that! we have been at this for one year, i received paper work today, saying that my older brother petitioned the court to be the only administrator of the estate? We all 3 are currently co-admin. This move seems suspect to me. I would talk to the lawyer we have but i don't trust him either,his last bill stated $10,000 and he has not done anything. I want to know what are my options? I want this house, but am I pissing in the wind? Do I have a fighting chance? can i be forced to sell? Do i need my own lawyer or is this just added cost? Should I file a petition, since I am the one taking care of the estate? Shame that i feel more comfortable getting advice from cyber strangers, cant trust my own family or lawyer. Please send any GOOD advice that may help me. I need all the knowledge I can retain, thanks a bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment