Saturday, March 12, 2011

Could you please correct this essay for me?

I sparked my interest in English, fortunately, from my starting to read English literature at a very young age with my language ability. First few are works from Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes. The series lured my passions for English as I was fascinated by the stories. Later were dramas from Shakespeare, novels from Jane Austen... Also would refer to Harry Potter at times - first translated, then the original English version. I begin to wonder about this great nation that produced such extraordinary authors. What makes it? To figure out the answer, I collect every piece of information I could access to know more about Britain. I also talk to people from different parts about their life and views; a faithful listener to XX, XX and XX on radio; and a loyal follower of many English bloggers like XX, XX - before BlogSpot was blocked here in China. I make interesting friends, kindred spirit... 'Til then, I have undoubtedly fallen deeply in love with this beautiful language - in love with everything, everything I'm desperate to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment